Monday, January 26, 2009

Haringhata here we come....

We had mixed feeling that our campus was shifted to Haringhata before the schedule time. We had to shift in afternoon so a day before I went to Kharagpur and stayed with my friends in IIT Kharagpur. But as always I propose, never disposes, I had forgot my room keys in my home, hence I had to wait for my friends who were coming next day from Jamshedpur. In Kharagpur, with my friends we accessed our life after our school and found that we are living in hell where all doors are closed for us, but still we can hope that someday we may be able to change the society.
We had stayed almost half of our college life in Kolkata. During this period of time, we learnt the art of shopping and some of us have become shopholics. We had 2 malls City Centre and Mani Square nearby us at walking distance where we had our evening adda. This was the place we used to make excuse about bad food to have some healthy food in the restaurants. We had travelled a lot in kolkata may be on shopping spree or birthday bash, or just for fun. we had traveled from from the slums to the malls, eaten from 5 stars to small dhabas, watched movies from Inox, Forum and Adlabs,from luxurious cab to walking along busy streets of Chandni to College streets, exploring new places and sharing our emotions, went from AMRI to local doctors, had fights with auto and taxiwallahs, we laughed at little money saved and showered anger on the person who invented ATMs. Yes, Finally i had got over my moron life.
But what was going to be next we were quite apprehensive about. From January we have to go to live in so called jungle. I were not that unhappy but I had little doubts as during my school life I had been in Narendrapur, which was far away from city hustle and bustle, full of greenery. Yes, I was sorry that we wouldnot have luxury of 2 Mbps net in our hostel, in fact no internet connection. Before leaving for home in winter vacation we bid adieu all of our favorite places but promised to return again .
Trouble started when we got call on taxi routing to hostel that the bus which was scheduled to take us to Haringhata will leave early and it was full. we showered all our anger on school management. This time again they have failed to arrange proper transportation. Anyhow we jam-packed the bus but left over on tata-407. We reached Haringhata in the afternoon. The ride was rough for me, at that moment I thought that I was not going to return Kolkata on frequent basis.(p.s. I returned next Saturday). At this moment I must say I was unhappy with the behaviour of some of my class mates.
Reaching here we were unhappy that 3 persons are living in 1 room and also also room sitting allotments were not according to our choice. But as always we arranged everything. We had no time to roam around. At first view it was as if we were on tour to a village, but our room and hostel was spacous. The facilities on macroscopic level looked wonderful, microscopically had faults like problems with aqua-guards.
The first thing I did was installed my computer and played NFS-most wanted. We had some problems with room arrangements. We hoped next day we will have solve out all problem and had a nice sleep.

5 comments:

morning show from m window said...

hi
best of luck for haringhata
lol

Salman said...

no comments...................................................u hav not yet commented on mine

Voice said...

we are living in hell where all doors are closed for us

Can u please provide some insight on this one :)

----------------
best of luck for haringhata

ritesh said...

the second paragraph was great man.....
so true.

rnoytt said...

@voice sorry for late reply ..
life is not bed of roses here..no ac in classes.. no ice creams.. no proper facilities in lab..we wastes first 3 month here..you life is en captivated in hostel, college or in lab.. nothing else..