Tuesday, September 16, 2008

High Five of This Summer!!

One more vacation gone. Yes its time to recollect Hi5 of Summer..




Learning art of Research ( No No its Re-search):

Research is art, its not always discovering new avenues but its redefining the things in better way and more interactive manner. It was for the first time I was in more or less advanced lab, working out with nanoparticles. Even after working for 6 weeks I failed to get positive result yet i loved working there.



Cozy days at Chakradharpur:


Often I heard that you live in Chakrampur( or what?), silly village. Where you did not have regular power, no pukka roads.?
Yes, its a silly village where there is no power, no proper roads, muddy and haunting houses. But my dear this was place where I found locals who where poor yet they were the most happy persons on this planet. They had no lust for gold. They were not jealous, they were helping. Even in hot sunny days you would not feel the heat. It is surrounded by the hills known as Jalebia. What happened I was not able to watch Olympics due to load shedding?I watched the most scenic beauties. These were the most mesmerizing moments. I watched small tornado forming. I watched farmers ploughing their field, sewing seeds and singing folk songs. I saw migratory birds, I watched hills as if they were snow topped. Birds flying above me in evening gave me raw feeling. I saw small school children queued up and praying Lord. For a while I was again at my school and praying. It was wonderful to witness hailstorms just cramping us in hours and creating havoc. Due to them power was out for couple of days. But it allowed me to think in my loneliness, to share my parents feelings, also listened to my sister's ideas about her future studies. Together we watched lot of movies and shared lot of stories. Also center of our conversation was Big Brother's job. Initially in vacation Bhaiya was with us but had to leave to join training, afterwards we had short conversations on mobile.

Phot
ography:

It was this summer I got chance to capture using Nikon D40 X dslr. It was a amazing experience. Suddenly I was a photographer capturing beautiful images, I had never imagined before. Daily evening I was capturing images of sky. The sky was colorful. Then I remembered in my child hood at my school I used to paint the sky with all colors but never realized I would saw as such.
Even Papaji was angry several times at why i was capturing photos anytime. He thought that if I captured more images the reel would be full quickly. But I had to make him understand it was digital. Most amazing pictures I captured was that of large camouflaging beetles and raindrops on leaves.

Planning:

This is part I am good at. Yes in the earlier half of summer I was busy planning projects for rest of my MS course. earlier as was bad at submitting project proposals. Actually Professors had to give me their own ideas. Now I had lot of my own ideas when I realised what research meant. I planned about minors. Each time I called my friends I told them about my palns. some where about the day i had to return to college and start my project. Selecting the date to return. I planned to bring a bicycle but eventually was not allowed to bring it. I planned where we should go in vacation, yes I planned to visit mystic kathmandu. Actually I wanted to buy real rudraksha so I wanted to go there. i will tell about rudraksha another day. I told them how we are going to study?



Books:

In reference books I read Morrision Boyd and J D Lee very little. No dear I am in this section not going to describe about chemistry, definitely not. This summer I read about two contrasting characters. One was Bertram Wooster, a young English man who had a charismatic character but always kept distance from girls. girls were fond of him. Jeeves witty character saved him always from troubles. I read P G Wodehouse's " Thank You Jeeves" and "Joy in the morning". Wooster was always full of Woosterian attitude which always created troubles, thanks to god Jeeves was always there to save his master. This first time I liked a non-fiction novel. Before this I was always fond of adventurous novels. At first I was hard for me continue reading more than 2 pages but sooner i was engrossed in the book. Anurag mathur's Inscrutable Americans was the second kind of novel I read this summer. Gopal was lead character. He was a small town Indian and went to America for a course in chemistry. He always thought that Americans were after him to learn their family secret about hair oil. He was a mama's boy and at first tried to be away from girls. Sooner his mate Randy acquainted him about American girls and aroused his Lust. He was able to resist all his temptations somehow, But found love in a very unusual place as predicted by his Land Lady.

In all it was wonderful, rather to say conscious summer






In a nutshell:

A)Books I read:
Thank You Jeeves
Inscrutable Americans
Joy in the morning

B)Music i heard:
Roxette
Madonna
KK
Sunidhi
Rock On
lucky ali
Bachna Ae hasino
Rock On
Jaane Tu Ya....

C) Tv Shows
With my stars:
Heroes session 1,2 9
Friends session 1,2 9
Russel Peters 8
Nat Geo most amazing moments 8
Prison Break session 1,2,3 9
Byomkesh Bakshi 8

D)Summer Flicks with my stars:
Singh is Kinng 6
Bachna Ae Hasino 6.5
Jaane Tu ...Jaane Naa 7.5+.5 for Inox

Summer Delights:
This summers My stars to Restaurants :
Baskin Rubbin 4.5
Bar B Q 3.5
Sweet and Sour 2
Bhaj Hari Mnna 3.5 ( for simplicity) But deducting .5 for simple food and high price---3
Grub Grabs 3.5
Abcos 3.5
Eats ant treats 3
Kfc 3
Ajad Hind 2( for rolls)

6 comments:

ritesh said...

Once again, a very nice post. It is fun reading your posts.
Nice description of Chakradharpur.
But you still need to master your photography skills (and i say it from my experience) a little more.
But some pictures you showed me were very nice especially of insects and sky.
Your 'plans' are not new to me. But i see that you are implementing your plans a bit more than before. That's a good sign.
And yes, why that extra 0.5 for inox! paisa laga toh -0.5 hona chahiye na.
regarding restaurants, you seem to be a bit harsh.
i don't think a meager 3.5 was justified. A 3 for Eats and treats is a bit too low too.

Altogether a good job

rnoytt said...

Yes I am on learning curve..
But inox maine jake koi bhi movie acha lagta hai.you have forgot that
Eats and treats main kahne ke baad main beemar pada :P

ritesh said...

sorry i thought, your scale of rating was on 10

rnoytt said...

yes the ratings were on scale of 5

Voice said...

It is a long post indeed

You loved writing it and this was clear from the way you wrote
This is a good sign :)

rnoytt said...

@ Voice
saal main ek blog to likhte hain...
isme kai intesting batein likhna bhool bhi gaya